Saint Céré is situated at about a 20 minute ride from the campsite.
Three markets for vegetables, fruits, clothes etc. every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month. A small market, with local products, each Sunday morning. If you wish to buy a calf, Saint Céré is the place to be with its monthly calf market (1st and 3rd Friday of the month).
- Place du Mercadial, with its fountain, the house of Jean de Séguirier (15th century) and the Consuls house
- Rue du Mazel, with very old houses;
- Hôtel de Puymule (15th century), with its towers;
- Sainte-Spérie church (roman, 10th century);
- Récollets church (17th century) from the ancient monastry, with its impressing tower and beautiful retable;
- Quai des Récollets
- Saint-Laurent towers, two medieval towers which dominate the town
- The Montal castle (renaissance).
The Lot deparment is situated in the Midi-Pyrénées in South-East France.
The limestone plateaus (Causses) are cut through by large river gorges such as the Lot, the Dordogne or the Célé. The Causses contain many caves, some of which with parietal art, like the Pech Merle cave.
The parietal paintings, Celtic sepulchral monuments, medieval towns, monastries and castles are all evidences of a long human presence in the Lot.
Nowadays you can enjoy the beautiful nature, peace and space, visit the typical markets and fleemarkets, and taste the local products.